Warning after Cannabis Farm Sets Property Alight in Thornaby
Main article content
Cleveland Police were called by colleagues at Cleveland Fire Brigade regarding a fire at a property on Victoria Road in Thornaby at around 10pm last night, Tuesday 7th July.
Colleagues from the fire service were called to the fire and discovered a small cannabis farm at the address.
No one was injured and the fire did not cause damage to other properties.
A Cleveland Police spokesperson said: “Officers would like to take this opportunity to warn owners of properties to be vigilant when renting to tenants that they do not know, especially if they are offering cash payments.
“Dangerous wiring which is used to bypass electricity meters proves to be a fire hazard at most cannabis farms which are discovered, which can puts lives at risk and cause damage to other properties.
“It’s only a matter of time before there is a serious incident due to the irresponsible actions of those setting up cannabis farms.”