Businesses Burgled and Damaged in Middlesbrough
Main article content
Police are appealing for information after eight businesses were burgled or victim to attempted burglaries at the weekend in Middlesbrough.
Four incidents occurred during the early hours of Saturday 21st March:
- Middlesbrough Bus Station at 02:40am – attempted burglary
- S & T News on Crescent Road at 02:42am – attempted burglary
- Croft Stores on Croft Avenue at 3am - burglary
- Fix a Phone on Parliament Road at 3:40am – attempted burglary
A further four incidents occurred on Sunday 22nd March in the early hours:
- Family Shopper on Overdale Road at 4:21am – attempted burglary
- Hillsons Newsagents on Cargo Fleet Lane at 02:07am - burglary
- Daisy’s Convenience Store on Bourton Court at 04:35am – attempted burglary
- Booze 4 Us on Lealholm Crescent at 5am – attempted burglary
It is believed 2 males riding a motorbike are responsible for the incidents on Saturday. One male was wearing a blue jacket, a blue/white helmet and grey joggers. The other male was wearing a black jacket with an orange patterned helmet.
On Sunday it is believed the same two males were responsible as well as third male who was wearing a light blue jacket with a large white stripe down the right shoulder/ chest, black trousers and mismatched gloves.
Thousands of pounds worth of damage was caused to all of the premises in total and cash and cigarettes were amongst the items stolen.
Officers are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incidents or anyone with information regarding the males responsible to contact Middlesbrough CID Officers on 101.
Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at: www.crimestoppers-uk.org