Pay and Benefits
All recruits are appointed at pay point 1 (circa £24,000) of the constable pay scale and will receive an annual incremental rises through the pay scales.
The Police Pension Scheme 2015 (PPS 2015) operates as a Career Average Revalued Earnings (CARE) pension scheme. This means that for each year you are an Active Member you will earn a fraction of your pensionable earnings for that year as earned pension.
Police pension management for serving and former officers.
Personal support and advice
We provide a whole range of support initiatives to help with both you and your family's welfare. These include:
- occupational health support
- health and wellbeing framework
- development and mentoring schemes
- membership of support associations to support and represent your needs
- time and facilities during the working day to practice faith where possible e.g. to pray
- childcare scheme
- a subsidised convalescence home