Who are we?
Established in 2009 Cleveland Police Cadet programme provides a long term structured, developmental programme that is adventurous, informative and exciting for young people aged between 13 and 17 in each of the four districts of Cleveland, (Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Redcar & Cleveland and Stockton)
The programme welcomes applications from young people from all communities and backgrounds including those who are vulnerable to social exclusion or involvement in crime.
What do we do?
- We meet every week, from 6.30pm till 9.00pm in Stockton, Hartlepool, Redcar and Middlesbrough
- We debate issues that are important to us and take part in a range of community projects – recent projects have included river-mapping part of the River Tees for the emergency services, designing a cycle safety poster for the Police, producing an alcohol safety video and producing a young person’s version of the Policing Plan.
- Each week we do team sports such as hockey, softball, football and basketball. We regularly do the bleep test to check how our fitness levels are improving.
- We learn about crime and how the Police work. We often take part in simulation exercises – from real-time 999 call scenarios through to crime scene investigations and court-hearings. We learn about different Police vehicles – including visiting the helicopter and we also visit a range of departments such as the dog section and the control room.
- We are all community volunteers and take part in a variety of projects. Recently we have been litter picking for the Big Tidy Up campaign, helping disabled athletes to compete in the Games for the Disabled and providing coffee mornings and fun activities for residents of a local care homes. We also help out at public events across Cleveland such as the MELA and Cleveland Show.
- In the warmer months we do group walks and expeditions. We learn outdoor survival skills and then put them to the test at cadet camp.
- The Cadet programme has recently won 2 national awards for all the work the cadets have done with people living with Dementia.
If you would like to join Cleveland Volunteer Police Cadets, or you want to know more about what we do call or email us today.
Telephone: 01642 664446
Send all forms to:
Cleveland Volunteer Police Cadets
Safe in Tees Valley Ltd
Stockton on Tees