Pay and benefits
PCSOs are paid on a starting salary of £19,425 – £23,406, plus a plus 14% shift allowance and 229.66 hours weekend working enhancement per annum.
Upon successful completion of your training and your 12 month probationary period, your pay will rise to £19,845 per annum.
You will be paid by Bank Credit on the 15th day of each month - two weeks in advance and two weeks in arrears.
Leave is accrued with service, running from 1st April to 31st March. A full year’s annual leave is 24 days but does increase after 5 years service to 29 days.
In addition to annual leave, you will also receive bank holiday entitlement as PCSOs are not required to work bank holidays.
Upon starting you will be given the option to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) and will be provided with supporting documentation.
Personal support and advice
We provide a whole range of support initiatives to help with both you and your family's welfare. These include:
- Occupational health support
- Health and wellbeing framework
- Development and mentoring schemes
- Membership of support associations to support and represent your needs
- Time and facilities during the working day to practice faith where possible e.g. to pray
- Childcare scheme
- A subsidised convalescence home